Who doesn't love a bargain? Especially if that bargain comes during the holidays and in the form of air travel.
Here are some tips that could ease the pain in your wallet.
- Book your travel early--like right now! Yes, in October.
- If you do not have any cooking responsibilities at Thanksgiving or Christmas, consider flying ON Thanksgiving or ON Christmas. Those tend to be the least expensive days.
- Flying on Christmas Day could be 40% less than flying on Christmas Eve.
- Be flexible with your dates.
- Use the travel points you've accrued on your credit cards. Nearly 70% of credit card users have unused cash-back rewards, points, or miles. 31% of people have rewards worth $100 or more sitting in their accounts.
What kind of traveler are you?- Plans ahead and organized, gets to the airport early or last minute, throws stuff in a bag, and runs through the airport?